Integrating Licorice to ConnectWise is easy and takes only 5 minutes. In this post we’ll take you through the steps to get up and running.
You will need
- ConnectWise API Security Roles
(A Licorice team member will provide this)
- To be a ConnectWise admin
Creating the Security Role
Generating the API Keys
- Under System, click Members
- Select API Members
- Click the ‘+‘ to add a new API Member
- Complete the form and ensure that the Role ID is set to the ‘Licorice’ role just created
- Once you have completed all of the required fields, click Save
- Once saved, go back into the user and click API Keys
- Click the ‘+‘ to add a new API Key
- Enter ‘Licorice Integration‘ in the Description for the API Key then click Save
- After saving, a Public Key and Private Key will be displayed
Note: This is the only time you will be able to view the Private Key
- In Licorice, click your avatar icon, then Settings, then Integrations
- Enter your ConnectWise URL and Company ID (https:// is not required)
- Copy and paste the Public Key and Private Key into Licorice
- Click Connect
Completing the Integration
If the above was successful you should see around 30 mapping fields, so Licorice can understand your ConnectWise environment.
- Licorice will try to make sensible mapping suggestions, please go through one by one and check they look correct
- If anything does not line up, you can make changes in ConnectWise, and click Refresh in Licorice to refresh the fields
- Once you are happy, click Integrate!
Note: Once integration is complete, you can go back and Refresh and/or change these mappings if you need to.